To replace patient fears about anaphylaxis with strategies for confident living, AANMA created Anaphylaxis Community Experts (ACEs), a national, award-winning program developed in partnership with the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) with sponsorship from Mylan Specialty L.P.
The ACE Program seeks to raise awareness, reduce anxiety and eliminate deaths due to anaphylaxis through education, advocacy and outreach.
ACE Teams conduct free local seminars and connect with local media to increase awareness about anaphylaxis and treatment and prevention strategies. Find an ACE Team in your area!
These teams educate families, communities and media to recognize risks, early signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, so they can:
- Discuss what anaphylaxis is and how to respond to anaphylaxis emergencies in a timely manner
- Identify and refer to those at risk of anaphylaxis to an allergist for complete allergy diagnostics, treatment and training, including auto-injectable epinephrine
- Discuss how to prevent an anaphylaxis episode by eliminating exposures to known allergens
- Develop partnerships with stakeholders and policy makers to reinforce students’ right to carry their anaphylaxis medication at school
- Create and expand awareness of anaphylaxis as a life-threatening condition
For more information about the ACEs program, contact Brenda Silvia-Torma at email@example.com
Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Resources
• Anaphylaxis: A Guide for All of Us – All your patient education resources in one neat package! To request copies (just pay shipping and handling), e-mail Brenda Silvia-Torma at firstname.lastname@example.org.