As the exclusive asthma and allergy charity partner for the 2013 Marine Corps Marathon, Team AANMA offers a unique opportunity to accomplish a lifetime personal fitness goal while supporting the cause of eliminating needless death and suffering from asthma, allergies and related conditions. We extend a special welcome to runners who have well-controlled exercise-induced bronchospasm (EIB) and asthma. Only fifty (50) team slots are available, first-come, first served, so please submit your indication of interest today to: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 800-878-4403.
- Guaranteed entry into the 38th Annual Marine Corps Marathon
- Imprinted Team AANMA MCM 2013 souvenir logo apparel
- Recognition and awards for top fundraisers (and other surprise categories) at complimentary Team Dinner on Friday, October 25, 2013 in Washington, DC|
- Engraved AANMA Trophy for best overall performance, as measured by team finish time and placement in official MCM finishers’ age/gender bracket.
- Designated AANMA AIR POWER™ Cheering Section on the National Mall portion of the course, when you will need a boost to “Beat the Bridge”
- AANMA HQ “Power Down/Power Up” tent in Finish Festival area where runners can celebrate, relish the moment, reunite with family and friends, rest their feet and repack their gear. Chilled water, nutritious snacks, chairs, tables, power to charge iPods and phones, courtesy of AANMA
- AIR POWER™ News: Periodic training, equipment and nutrition tips from world-class marathoner, Brooke Curran, who by October, 2013 will have completed a marathon in every state, on every continent (including Antarctica) and all 5 majors
- Easy and fun online fundraising tools and a customizable personal fundraising page
- Weekly fundraising sweepstakes prizes for all contributors (provided by Crowdrise.com)
- Frequent Team AANMA email bulletins and alerts re: fundraising advice, training opportunities, injury recovery, lodging and local transportation information, team member stories and encouragement
- Runner profiles shared on AANMA’s website and selected personal stories published in Allergy & Asthma Today magazine and MA Report newsletter
- Opportunity to participate as a volunteer at the Health & Fitness Expo, October 24, 25 and 26, 2013 at the DC Armory
- Become a new Individual/Family member of AANMA, or renew your existing membership (Cost: $35/year)
- Commit to raising a minimum of $500 through personal fundraising efforts ($200 by August 1, 2013 and remaining $300 by October 20, 2013)
- Fundraising minimum includes MCM entry fee and all other Team AANMA benefits
- Complete, sign and return required Team AANMA and Marine Corps Marathon runner registration paperwork which will be sent by email
- Commit to wear logo apparel during race to be easily identified as Team AANMA
Team AANMA is where you belong for this memorable event on Sunday, October 27, 2013 in the nation’s capital. Here’s what some of our team members shared with us after last year’s race:
It was definitely one of the coolest experiences i have ever had! Thank you for everything…it was such a great weekend!!! P. O’Keefe, Pittsburgh, PA
Your information, emails and motivation were a nice treat to the training process. I want to thank you for all your efforts and the amount of work that you put into the race. K. Towson, Atlanta, GA
It was great being able to run through all the attractions and passing the team AANMA cheering section helped motivate me to push through. K. Dave´, Pittsburgh, PA
When I drove up that last hill to the memorial I felt the best feeling I’ve ever had of accomplishment and excitement. At that moment when the Marine gave me the medal I knew each and every step I took, from raising the money, to putting in the miles, to getting to the race hurricane free and ready to run, were worth it. K. Rusu, Columbia, MD
View complete 2012 Team AANMA results and highlights here.